Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Holiday Tables

In December we held a party to celebrate the San Francisco premiere of David Saslav's "Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains" for a cappella chorus. The church choir from St. Francis Lutheran Church sang it as part of their Christmas Concert on December 21, 2008.

You may listen to a midi rendition of the piece on our web site at RenditionsMusic.Com . Click on compositions which will take you to the link on the Sibelius Storefront.

We invited friends to join us for our version of a Smorgasbord. We asked guests to bring a favorite holiday food from their culture or childhood to share. The table was loaded with holiday favorites such as (cheese balls from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, salmon mousse, sausage rolls, and orange candy cake were my contributions) Quiche Lorraine, pork and chive dumplings, hot wings, pigs in a blanket, hand beaten biscuits, sweet potato muffins, a red and green salad, gingerbread, and many other sweet treats.


The table awaits the goodies...



I spray painted a cabbage and instead of putting fresh flowers in the center as I originally planned, I put ornament balls...



The table at Christmas (photographed without using the flash - a mistake?)...the napkin rings and butter knives were made from jingle bells. For Christmas Dinner this year - shared with family - I served Cassoulet. I ordered the ingredients from D'Artagnan . This was a great holiday dish as I just assembled the dish early in the morning and then forgot about it until we were ready to eat at 3:00 PM


One place setting. I don't know what the Nutcracker is doing there...I just love the Nutcracker and isn't anything from that classic tale appropriate for this time of year? I should have used the zoom to show the cute reindeer glasses from Pottery Barn.







No comments: