Friday, April 25, 2008

Ah Ha!

While recording the Sarabande today...I had one of those "duh" moments. In my lessons with Tamara she kept asking me for more sound when I played the Sarabande. We tried adding pedal, rolling the chords slower, just playing louder --- nothing was working. She told me that my left hand kept disappearing while I was playing. Today I realized what was missing. I've been forgetting that my left hand is a voice as well! I was thinking of my left hand as accompaniment partly because of playing the chords without ornamentation to fix my rhythm problems and to clearly hear the harmony. As one of my other teachers, Eliane Lust, always says ---- "for every solution there is another problem" and in this case, I my left hand was not an equal voice with my right. Now I hope my left hand begins to sing as boldly as my right hand.



http://renditionsmusic.com/sarabande_25-Apr-2008.mp3

No comments: